Dear Church Family,
Your church leadership is pleased to report that, in coordination with the CDC and California Department of Public Health guidelines, we opened our church for corporate worship Sunday, May 31st in the Family Life Center. If you are a person in a high-risk category, we encourage you to continue worshiping remotely via FaceBook or YouTube. Your safety is our primary concern.
Based upon the CDC guidelines we have implemented the following steps:
• Once you enter the building please be seated immediately and remain in your seat until the service is over. You will be dismissed by the ushers or whoever is conducting the service.
• Everyone over the age of 2 years old must wear face coverings over both nose and mouth as outlined in the California Department of Public Health's Guidance for Face Coverings. Please bring a face covering with you.
• Practice social distancing – Please stay at least 6 feet apart from people that are not in your immediate family. Do not re-arrange chairs (except for immediate family). No hugs, handshakes or elbow bumps! If you wish to visit with people, please do so outside before or after the service, and continue the social distancing practice. Children should remain in the care of those in their household unit and refrain from interacting with other children unless the 6' rule is observed.
• Bring your own bottle of water with you. The drinking fountain will be turned off.
• Please use the restroom at home before you leave. If you need to use the restroom while at church, please, no crowding. Physical distance must still be observed.
• We will have a box for your offering. Offering envelopes will be available from an usher, as well as prayer sheets for those who do not receive it via e-mail. Bibles will be available upon request for those who need one.
In addition, we will continue to suspend children and youth ministries as well as the Sunday Night Study until further notice.
We realize that gathering for worship under these new restrictions will take some getting used to. We appreciate your compliance as we seek to glorify God, while honoring our county, state and federal leadership. We look forward to worshiping with you on Sunday!
Because of Christ,
First Baptist Church Elders & Deacons