Statement of Faith
- In the scripture of the Old and New Testaments as verbally inspired by God, and inerrant in the original writings, and that they are the complete, supreme, and final authority in faith and life. II Timothy 3:16; II Peter 1:19-21.
- In one God manifest in three persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. Romans 3:30; Matthew 28:19; John 14:26; II Corinthians 13:14; Isaiah 48:12-14.
- In the personality of Satan. Matthew 4:1-3; I Peter 5:8.
- In the virgin birth of Christ. Matthew 1:18-25; John 1:14.
- That as a result of the fall, all mankind are now sinners, not only by constraint but by choice, and are without excuse. Genesis 3:1-6; Romans 3:23; 5:12-19; 1:20,32.
- That Jesus Christ became a perfect sin-offering and substitute for us when He shed His blood on the Cross of Calvary. I Peter 2:24; Romans 3:24; II Corinthians 5:21.
- The salvation of sinners is wholly of grace through Christ. Our works do not merit any part of Salvation. Ephesians 2:8-9; Romans 3:24; 4:4-5; Galatians 2:21.
- The New Birth is necessary for Salvation. It is a new creation in Christ and is instantaneous upon faith in Him. The believer is born again of incorruptible seed and receives a divine nature and eternal life. John 3:3-7; II Corinthians 5:17; I Peter 1:3; Romans 6:23.
- In bodily resurrection of the crucified Christ, in His ascension into Heaven, and in His present life there for us, as High Priest and Advocate. I Corinthians 15:20; John 21:1-31; Acts 1:10,11; Hebrews 7:21 9:24; I John 2:1-2.
- In the bodily resurrection of the just and unjust, the everlasting blessedness of the saved, and the everlasting conscious punishment of the lost. John 3:18; 3:36; 5:24; 6:39,40,44; Revelation 20:1-15; II Thessalonians 1:6-10; I Thessalonians 4:13-18.
- In the personal, visible pre-millennial return of Christ. I Thessalonians 4:16, 17; Revelation 1:17; 20:4-8.
- The Church ordinances are baptism by immersion and the Lord’s Supper. Matthew 3:16; 28:19,20; Acts 2:41; 8:36-39; Romans 6:3-5; I Corinthians 11:23-32.13)
- In the Genesis account of creation and that man came by direct creation of God and not by evolution. Genesis 1:2; Colossians 1:16,17; John 1:3.
- In the eternal security of the Saints. We believe all who are truly born again are kept by God the Father for Jesus Christ. Philippians 1:6; John 10:28,29; Ephesians 1:13, 14; I Peter 1:3-5.
- That civil government is of divine appointment, for the interests and good order of human society; that magistrates are to be prayed for conscientiously honored and obeyed; except in things opposed to the will of our Lord Jesus Christ who is the only Lord of the conscience, and the coming Prince of the King of the Earth. Romans 13:1-7; II Samuel 23:3; Exodus 18:21,22; Acts 23:5; Matthew 22:21; Acts 5:29; 4:19,20; Daniel 3:17,18.
- That a local church is a congregation of immersed believers associated by covenant of faith and fellowship of the gospel; observing the ordinances of Christ; governed by His laws; and exercising the gifts, rights, and privileges invested in them by His Work; that its officers are Pastors, and Deacons, whose qualifications, claims, and duties are clearly defined in the Scriptures; we believe that the true mission of the church is the faithful witnessing of Christ to all men as we have opportunity. We hold that the local church has all the absolute right of self-governing, free from the interference of any hierarchy of individuals or organizations; and that it is scriptural for true churches to cooperate with each other in contending for the faith and for the furtherance of the gospel; that each local church is the sole judge of the measure and method of its cooperation, on all matters of membership of policy of government, of discipline, of benevolence, the will of the local church is final. Act: 2:41,42; I Corinthians 11:2; Ephesians 1:22, 23; Acts 20:17-28; I Timothy 3:10; Ephesians 5:23,24; Acts 15:1-31; Colossians 1:18.